dimanche 27 décembre 2009

Taking a break




I need a break from myself these days. I mean, I went to pick up my cell phone from the lost and found place at the opera house this morning and I managed to lose my wallet on the way.

Great. Maybe I'm trying to tell myself something? (or as my sister says I should just close my handbag better).


It hits sometimes: this need to change, to take on big tasks, big events, momentous things. It can be expressed in physical alterations: the red hair came after the break-up, and I like it, so it's stayed, even though the meaning of it has evolved. It used to be a big Leave me alone sign. Now I just think it suits me.

I feel it coming, this new wave of change. I'm looking forward to new music listening (thanks for the recommendations by the way), and to new authors. I started wearing dresses in September.I never used to.

So when I knew I would have to take a three-week break from training because of asthma, I decided I was going to do it.

Most people don't like it.

Funny how I don't care. Funny how I like it, and how it's my own promise to myself.

I wonder where I'm going, but I'm shedding old memories and dreams, and my newness is startling and wonderful.

All I need to do now is stop losing all my frakking stuff!

3 commentaires:

  1. It's good to take care of yourself first! I think too many of us don't do that often enough.

    Hope you liked my recommendations (be honest!).

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. An excellent time for reflecting and having those long overdue conversations with yourself. You've already started! Bravo!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Change is good. It's an evolution of self which is amazing. For some people, they let others dictate what they will and will not do versus listening to themselves. Or they fear change so much that they spend their life running from it. I'm glad you are not one of them.

    And I think your piercing looks great, btw! :)
    ~Emmy

    RépondreSupprimer