jeudi 31 décembre 2009

Farewell, 2009

End of the year, resolutions, blablabla, as we say in French. I don't think I want to commit myself to anything for 2010. I have wishes, sure (health people! I wish everyone good health this year) and hopes (living in Berlin for 6 months) but these aren't resolutions.

In 2009 I....

-lived in the Heidiloft, a small and charming apartment in Lyon, and then moved back to Paris.
-passed a very difficult state exam to become a university teacher specialized in American civilization.
-got accepted in the Lyon music conservatory.
-decided to spend two years getting a Masters in environmental science instead of having a job, thanks to my scholarship.
-made new friends, more than I ever had before in so short a time.
-spent a month using shovels, hammers, and electric saws in Germany, and discovered I could do things.
-Visited Barcelona.
-ran a 20 K.
-had a bad, bad case of heartbreak.
-got over it.
-started blogging and internet-met a bunch of incredibly diverse and interesting people.
-became best friends with my sister after years of conflict.
-went to 42 concerts, 32 movies and 6 plays.

A good year, I think.

No resolutions then. Maybe just to keep my eyes open so I can help others.

Happy New Year, world!

4 commentaires:

  1. Happy new year to you, I have enjoyed sharing a portion of your bloggy world in 2009. -Dexter

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Wow! All sorts of new things about you that I didn't know!

    You are a bright shining star in this past year of mine. I hope that shine never fades!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Happy New Year! I hope 2010 is even better for you!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Sounds like 2009 was a big year for you!

    Wishing you all of the best in 2010!
    Happy New Year!
    ~Emmy

    RépondreSupprimer