mardi 22 décembre 2009

HOLIDAY

Visiting the wax museum, I enjoyed a leisurely drink with a fellow soprano.


I'm on holiday! I'm so giddy this will be nonsensical. I had a wonderful weekend. X came to Paris to see a few friends, and although one of them got stuck in England because of the snow, we had a great time. We practised duets and went to the wax museum, and just relaxed together. He was in wonderful shape, looking handsome and contented. He's started seeing someone he likes and is enjoying the research he's doing for his PhD. Anyway, life is good for him. And I liked singing some Fauré with him. He still hates Purcell though. Oh well.

So now I have a few days before I start studying again and I need recommendations: any music I should listen to, any good books, any good movies? I want to catch up.

I'm so happy to get my sister back from the US of A, I'm so happy to be spending an afternoon wrapping gifts and I'm so happy I can waste hours on the internet again.

3 commentaires:

  1. So happy to see a big smile on your face!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Osbasso, you're not getting away with a recommendation-less comment! Give me some music references, please...

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Damn. OK, I've been listening to alot of Argentinian composer Alberto Ginestera. I'm very much into the complex rhythmic percussion that he writes. My specific recommendations would be his ballet 'Estancia', his first piano concerto, and his "Creole Dance" suite. Also along the latin line, I could listen all day to Bernstein's 'Symphonic Dances from West Side Story'. Jazzy, heavy percussion, and much different than just a collection of the dances. Actually much different than what's in the musical or the movie.

    Of course, all that is interspersed with my Christmas music!

    RépondreSupprimer