jeudi 3 décembre 2009

Marathon plans

I want to go to Iceland this August to run my first marathon.
I want to see Reykjavik and the beautiful landscapes. I can't wait!

I think I know what my birthday present is going to be.

I am quite obsessed with running. I offer this story as proof. I'm going through a quarter-life crisis at the moment, what with the red hair and the short skirts, and I've decided I needed to get my navel pierced, although 23 is a bit old for such shenanigans and no one I know would approve. Who cares, I thought, striding in my local Tattoo and Body Art shop.

"Hi, I'd like to get my navel pierced."
"OK, so this is what you should know...blah blah blah disclaimer, disclaimer...Oh, and no physical exercice for 4 weeks. Sweat is bad for healing."

"Four weeks! Really? But I can't not run for almost a month.I'm in the track team of my uni."

"Well, I'm sorry, but that's a fact. I had my nipples pierced and continued the American Football Training season, and let me show you some pictures..."

A few revolting pictures later, I left the shop dismayed. I used to hate people who were obsessed with sport. And now I can't stay on the couch for a month of Christmassing, even for my quarter-life crisis?

Anyway, anyone up for a trip to Iceland with me?

3 commentaires:

  1. That stinks regarding the healing time. I had no idea.

    As for Iceland? On your dime, I'm game. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I think Iceland would be fascinating!

    I think you'll be happier with the running, rather than getting the piercing...

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Iceland will be gorgeous!
    Sorry about the belly button ring, but maybe it should be your reward for completing the marathon. :)

    RépondreSupprimer