mercredi 2 décembre 2009

Making faces



I was an extra years ago in "Marie-Antoinette" by Sofia Coppola. I pretended to be a singer, and mouthed Rameau on a stage in front of many extras, and had lunch with famous actors.

But of all the excitement and weirdness, the sheer pleasure of getting out of that corset is my most vivid memory. Oh the discomfort. And that wig I'm wearing? Is 15 pounds of horse hair.You can't see the long pony tail in the back. Hee, pony tail. The funniest part was getting fitted for this get up. I stood in a cold disaffected factory, while dozens of seamstresses buzzed around, and the head costume designer drawled: "Si,si , non è possible, zees hair ees not possible. Vere is Denise? Denise! You, hold your stomach in!"
"I...can't really breathe..."
"You can just skeep a few meals. How old are you? Nineteen? Too old to eat too much! Now let's put more brocade on zat train."

4 commentaires: