vendredi 25 décembre 2009

Merry Christmas (Snippets)










There's something magical about Christmas; and I'm not talking about the way my stomach magically expands to fit in all the food it does. You arrive at that point in the year when you're supposed to exude good grace, mellow delight and happiness, effortlessly. Christmas isn't really a choice for most of us. We may sometimes fantasize about skipping everything and just go drink some beers with our friends, but in the end, cultural pressures make us give in. Family tensions always resurface, making us dread the usual tiffs and spats.

But sometimes it just works really well. It's the silliness of wearing paper hats, or the joyful snap of a cracker, or finding out that a gift you chose with love is really appreciated. It's playing with the cousins and laughing at the funny anecdotes and singing Cole Porter with your grandfather.

I was really happy to be with my family and reunited with my sister (who makes a special appearance today).

Hugs from France and happy holidays!

3 commentaires:

  1. The good looks just sort of run in the family, don't they?

    I envy you your ability to sing with your grandfather (especially Porter!). I'm the only musician in my family, so I don't ever get to share like that. I HAVE converted my mom and my oldest niece over to Macs, so we do get to laugh at the rest of the family who struggles with Windows!

    Thanks for sharing your snippets! Merry Christmas Evening!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Happy holidays! Looks like you are having a great time!
    ~Emmy

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. So glad that your family gathering was truly merry. Thanks for sharing those sweet photos.

    RépondreSupprimer