samedi 9 janvier 2010

R.E.S.P.E.C.T

Do you respect yourself? Do you respect your own worth, your integrity, your right to choose what is right for you?

Because I don't. At least, not enough.

Every time I agree to do something that goes against my feelings, my convictions and my well-being.

Every time I avoid conflict instead of expressing my beliefs.

Every time I don't stand up for myself.

I talk a lot about depression here, sometimes in veiled ways, sometimes openly. I think a lot about it too. Can't really help it. Yet sometimes I wonder if I have low self-esteem because of depression or if depression is a consequence of chronically low self-esteem.

In any case, I have to change this aspect of myself.


Respect is something I must earn for myself this year. I have arrived at that point in my life where politeness, demureness, being fracking lady-like, are just encouraging me to shut up and take it. And I don't want to.
Anymore.

So I know I said I wasn't going to make resolutions...but I want to make 2010 the year of self-respect. And courage.

Wish me luck for my exam week!

3 commentaires:

  1. Good for you! We're here for any butt-kicking motivation that you might need, too!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. good luck!!!

    from what ive read from you so far, you seem like an amazing person with a big heart.

    RépondreSupprimer