mardi 28 septembre 2010

The Perv leaves

My pervy co-worker is leaving today, after a small office party. This is the man who 1° always makes terribly lewd jokes I don't understand in my general direction.
2° squeezes, strokes and squishels his female collegues as a jest.
3°once cornered me in an elevator and playfully grabbed my bottom.

Now he is going away for good.

"Slap him", says my boyfriend. "Let him get drunk at his own party, make bad jokes, and when he tries to touch you or anyone else, slap him."

"Throw a drink on him."

"Tell him his behaviour is unacceptable."

I think I will talk to him. Tell him it's not funny when you don't understand the language perfectly. That it's awkward when you're an intern and he works there. And more than that, that touching people without their consent is appalling behaviour.

My French colleague told me with a Gallic shrug: "Let's hope for him he never works in America."

Yes indeed.

4 commentaires:

  1. If he pulled that in America, the women here would likely have called him on it much earlier.

    Let us know how your discussion with him goes!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I kind of hope he does try that in America -- so he can get his ass sued for sexual harassment. Unfortunately, talking to such a meat head will do no good at all because it's too hard to change the underlying sexist attitudes in his heart.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. What a horrid person! I have to echo the other comments that it would be great for him to get a job in the states, as then he'd learn--very quickly--that this is not acceptable.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Yeah, let's hope he does work in the US. Might help him grow up a bit. Or at least ensure he'll get slugged - if not worse. Might not be a bad lesson for him.

    RépondreSupprimer