mardi 3 août 2010

Cheating

One of my best friends in the world, A, has known me since I was 10. She is amazing and delightful.

She is convinced my boyfriend is cheating/will be cheating on me.

This is very confusing to me. I discussed it with my sister who not only agreed with me but gave me some needed perspective.

I don't think my boyfriend is cheating on me, for the record. I'm troubled by the fact she is so adamant. She doesn't know him well, or know anything particular that points in that direction. It's just that we are long-distance for a couple of months more; that he is travelling alone with his best friend who is his ex; that they will occasionally share a room to save money.

When X and I were together, he once slept over at Emilie's house, the girl who would ultimately be his rebound fuck; I did not like it because I felt she was attracted to him, but I trusted him. I didn't make a fuss. I didn't fight her.

When I am with someone, I trust them. Now my past experience tells me this is foolish, because my previous boyfriends have cheated on me. I think my friend is trying to protect me against similar disappointment.

But in the end, you have to trust your instincts. I pretended to be OK with X and Emilie's sleepover thing, but I wasn't.

I'm fine with AD travelling with his best friend.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire